Monday, May 9, 2011

5/6/11 - Tutorial and Problems with Greenfoot :(

Today I started out by looking at some tutorials on greenfoot.org. The video tutorials were not working because they needed a tutorial, so I looked up the written tutorial, here.  I only read some of the intro stuff, but I wanted to see how to manipulate the wombat class first.  But, unfortunately to do so, they wanted the user to learn about the scenarios and how it affects the program.  After reading that, which was somewhat informative, I got to the programming of the greenfoot.  I read some of the material and it seemed pretty simple because most of the program is already written and you needed to do is to change certain parts of the class.  Once I knew how to manipulate the wombat class, I opened greenfoot.  I tried to change the wombat but I was unable to save and compile the wombat.  This was because of the ubuntu, and their system thought we were trying to hack and save the wombat class to the greenfoot system.  We will have to wait until Stavros fixes it on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment